Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings . . .

I've spent all day working on a presentation and all I really want in life right now is a solid few days at home to do very little besides sleep and eat home-cooked meals. However, I've got another week until I'm home again.

So, I'm spending some time tonight away from homework (my brain can only handle so much for one night) to write about my favorite things and why you should watch/read/listen/love them, too.

TV Show: My current obsession is Reign, a historical drama that airs Friday nights on the CW. The drama is overblown in the best ways, and the love triangles are so juicy. It's really a guilty pleasure kind of show, but it has taught me some random historical facts. Seasons one and two are on Netflix; the third is airing now.

Book: I haven't had time to read in forever, to be honest, but an old favorite of mine that deserves endless love is Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. It's such a feel-good book about growing up and moving on from life's worst moments. Also, Matson is an amazing author who crafts equally amazing characters. The book focuses on Amy and Roger's cross-country road trip. While parts are very cliche, it's honestly a good read and has some curveballs. (Also, the receipts and pictures scattered throughout add a very nice middle school aesthetic that I wholeheartedly support)

Movie: I obviously don't get out much so my current movie recommendation is one I watched online a few weeks ago that was surprisingly worth the two hours of my life. Two Night Stand stars Miles Teller and Analeigh Tipton as strangers who wind up snowed in together after what was supposed to be a casual hookup. While the premise was lacking, it was actually decently funny and had an unexpected but also valid plot twist. 

Music: First, do yourself a favor and look up Reign playlists on Spotify, because all of the music from the show is golden. Second, listen to One Direction's new album (it'll be out Friday, but there's already been a few singles released) because it's precious and the boys have come so far since their What Makes You Beautiful days (also, anything related to 1D is a major middle school throwback which I appreciate)

There's a few of my favorites; hopefully, you found something to entertain you the next time you're procrastinating homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment