Wednesday, October 21, 2015

This is Halloween, everybody make a scene.

(Gif courtesy of the cinematic masterpiece that is Halloweentown)

So, I spent the first twelve years of my life cycling through some very generic Halloween costumes. I was a witch approximately four times, a hippie, a vampire, and then one year, I just wore an all black ensemble that included a tutu.

In college, though, Halloween makes a comeback. Costumes need to be cute, relevant, a little bit sultry, and practical. It's not easy.

I started the hunt for a costume a few weeks ago and played with a few different ideas. I was going to be a vampire (this time with glue on fangs; fancy stuff), but I couldn't find a decent outfit. My next plan was to be an 80's chick for the sole reason that I like the bright make-up and wanted a reason to wear my neon lipstick. Alas, I didn't have the right clothes and didn't want to spend money on a new sports bra bright enough to fit the part.

So, I was losing stamina. I am a poor college student without a car, and Halloween is a week and a half away. Then, though, I saw something online that sparked an idea. And so I introduce my costume for this year . . . Louise from Bob's Burgers.

She's sarcastic and everything I aspire to be in life. Also, her outfit is super simple. I already have a green dress, and my mom has shipped me white bunny ears that I will turn pink with the help of some felt, so I'm pretty much good to go. I'm super excited for this and can't wait to actually go out.

I hope you all have a fantastic Halloween, and maybe you can make use of my costume choice or even my failed ones. Let me know what you're going as; love you all!!





No comments:

Post a Comment